Code of Ethics
All the teaching members of Anahata Yoga adhere to the Anahata Yoga Philosophy of teaching yoga from the heart without judgement , criticism or comparison and choosing to personally live the Eight Limbs of Yoga.
As a registered Yoga Alliance yoga school we also abide by the Code of Conduct of the International Yoga Alliance: “Our code of conduct is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behavior by which all registrants agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga. It is not intended to supersede the ethics of any school or tradition but is intended to be a basis for yoga principles. As a RYT®, E-RYT or representative of a RYS®, I agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
- Conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the Yamas and Niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.